FreezGard® magnesium chloride liquid deicer: Provides safer roads during the toughest winter storms.
An environmentally safe solution.
FreezGard deicer is made from 100% natural minerals harvested from the water of the Great Salt Lake. Highly concentrated brine from the lake is drawn into shallow solar evaporation ponds, harnessing the power of the sun and wind to extract high-quality magnesium chloride.
Nutrient-rich brine is pumped into a series of evaporation ponds, covering over 43,000 acres. In a typical year, it would require 7 million tons of coal to process the same amount of mineral.
The solar evaporation minimizes the use of carbon-based energy and greenhouse gas emissions. It's environmentally friendly, cost effective and produces the highest quality magnesium chloride products in the world.
FreezGard has lower levels of toxicity than competitive products – even baking soda. It’s easy on wildlife and fish.
FreezGard can be used to reduce sand and gravel, which are expensive to clean up and contribute to air pollution.
FreezGard magnesium chloride liquid deicer is specially formulated for deicing and anti-icing, and it offers:
- Deicing performance down to 0o F (-18o C)
- Prevents snow and ice from bonding to the pavement
- A safer solution for concrete and equipment, minimizes spalling and scaling
- Reduces the need for sand and gravel and their associated spring cleanup
- Flexibility with uses in anti-icing, pre-wetting and salt/sand pile treatment
- An environmentally friendly solution made from 100% natural minerals from the Great Salt Lake